remotetea - A fully fledged implementation of the ONC/RPC protocol in Java
||OpenMandriva Lx 3.0
||OpenMandriva Contrib Release i586
Remote Tea implements the complete ONC/RPC protocol for the TCP/IP and
UDP/IP transports according to RFC 1831. In particular:
* 100% Java,
* complete client functionality, including portmapper access,
* complete server functionality,
* a protocol compiler for .x files (rpcgen-compatible, Java-based),
The protocol compiler jrpcgen from this package is compatible with
Sun's rpcgen for SunOS 4.1 - with the only exceptions that no
preprocessor and no "%" directives are available. However, multiple
parameters in procedures are supported.
* a Java-based portmapper,
...for whatever this could be good for...
* comprehensive documentation both as Javadoc and commented source,
Go and find the jokes and sarcastic comments...
* Open Source (GNU LGPL) gives you the security to be able to know
what is inside and what is not inside. And yes, the eCommunist
FUD newspaper, the Wallstreak Journal, and the Infrigenancial Times
(kind of The Financial Sun when it comes to properly researched
articles) are all right: Open Source is viral and infects you with
true freedom - freedom still means to respect rights, especially
the rights of others.
- Enable OpenMandriva Contrib Release repository on Install and Remove Software
- Update packages list:
# urpmi.update -a
- Install remotetea rpm package:
# urpmi remotetea